Check ESTA Status
ESTA news, information and help.

ESTA Resources

Blog on ESTA visa waiver news and updates

Do I need to apply for an ESTA if crossing the Canada border?

Updated: Jan 21, 2024 | Tags: Border Security, Entering USA by Land

Most Visa Waver Program (VWP) eligible travelers visit the United States via commercial air or sea carriers or via land. Those arriving by land usually do so by crossing into the United States through the Canadian border, or although less frequent, the Mexican border. This article will examine the requirements of these travelers when entering or exiting the U.S. by land, and look at some of the complications…